Assembling a B/W Controls Wire Suspension Electrode
B/W Controls has a number of different wire suspension electrode types. there's the larger 6013-W2, and smaller 6013-W6, but they both assemble in the same way.
What We'll Need
- 6013-W Series Wire Suspension Electrode Kit
- 6013-SW Suspension Wire
- Wire crimper - We typically use a T&B Sta-Kon type.
- Wire stripper
- Slotted screwdriver
- Plastic shield
- Stainless steel or brass electrode
- Neoprene packing (black cylinder)
- Brass wire terminal
- Slide the plastic shield over the suspension wire.
- Next, slide the neoprene packing over the wire as well.
- Now strip the wire back about 1/4". This is an 18 gauge wire.
- Put the brass wire terminal over the stripped end of the wire, and crimp it securely.
- Slide the wire back into the housing. You should hear the brass wire terminal slide past the threads in the housing, and be seated securely.
- Screw the electrode into the threads in the housing, and tighten it.